ONPHA has welcomed several new staff members recently. Pictured (left to right): Terri Hayes, Reception and Member Support Services; Cynthia Maroulis, Coordinator of Membership Systems; Liza Gowe, Coordinator of Finance, HR and Office Services; Kristen Gentleman, Coordinator, Conference Marketing and Events; Lisa Timoshenko, Coordinator, Communications and Marketing; and Nicola Dufficy, Manager, Events and Marketing. Leah Blunden is currently the Administrator, Education while Christina Lauhar is on maternity leave.
ONPHA is coming to your backyard: Will you be there to join us?
Registration is now open for ONPHA’s 2016 Regional Meetings, happening in 14 Ontario communities, from April 5 to 26. Regional Meetings are free to attend, and open exclusively to ONPHA housing members and service managers. Don’t miss this opportunity to:
- Receive valuable information and training tailored specifically to your work
- Hear from key housing sector decision makers (including MMAH and CMHC)
- Connect with and learn from colleagues in your area
- Share your local context, experience, and insights with your association
Contact Terri Hayes to register or for more details. Spaces are limited, so grab your spot today!
2016 Conference and Trade Show: Call for submissions
We want to hear from you! You can enrich our conference program by sharing your successes, challenges and experiences in the non-profit housing community! We are currently accepting programming proposals for the 2016 ONPHA Conference and Trade Show, taking place Nov. 4-6 at the Sheraton Centre Toronto.
We are seeking presentations that address the following focus areas, but we are open to all suggestions:
- Working with tenant communities (e.g. community engagement, working with tenants with complex needs, etc.)
- Sessions that focus on physical assets and maintenance (e.g. investment in infrastructure, preventative maintenance, etc.)
- Sessions that focus on non-profit housing operations and administration (e.g. governance, succession planning, etc.)
- Sessions that focus on planning for the future of the non-profit housing sector (e.g. partnerships, planning for EOA, etc.)
- Case studies – share your stories about innovative pilots undertaken by your organization and help others learn from your experience
All proposals are due by March 25, 2016. Click here for more information and to submit.