What does success look like in non-profit housing?
ONPHA is home to more than 725 housing providers, who provide safe, affordable, high-quality homes to over 400,000 people in more than 200 communities across Ontario – that’s no small footprint.
Each of our members bring something different to the table – whether they’re large or small providers, operating in urban or rural areas, or providing specialized, supportive housing to higher needs or at-risk groups. We’re a diverse community, and that’s what makes us strong. Our diversity also means that our success stories will all look a little bit different.
No achievement is ‘too small’
The ONPHA Awards aim to celebrate and share those success stories, big and small. This year, we’re encouraging members to ‘think outside the box’ with their awards nominations. We know that our housing providers have great stories to share – and when it comes to creating high-quality affordable housing and building strong, vibrant communities, no achievement or step forward is ‘too small’ to be celebrated.
So what does success really look like in non-profit housing?
Here’s what non-profit housing excellence looks like:
- Being more than just a landlord
- Going the extra mile to support your tenants
- Building connected communities
- Learning from past experience
- Strengthening your capacity
- Supporting better outcomes
Sound familiar? Consider submitting an Award for Excellence nomination.
Here’s what innovation can look like:
- An unexpected partnership
- A new approach to an old challenge
- Doing more with less
- Leveraging your community’s strengths
- Planning for the future
Sound familiar? Consider submitting an ONPHA Innovation Award nomination.
This is what leadership looks like:
- Bringing people and ideas together
- Collaborating towards a common goal
- Advocating for change
- Knowing when to lead, and when to support and follow
- Sharing knowledge and experience
- Creating the space and conditions for others to thrive
Sound familiar? Consider submitting a Sybil Frenette Outstanding Leadership Award nomination.
It’s time to tell our stories
As a sector, it’s important to celebrate and share our success stories, big and small. Help us recognize and shine a spotlight on the great work happening across our sector by submitting a nomination for an ONPHA award.
The nomination process is simple:
- Visit our website to review the eligibility criteria and download the nomination form
- Tell us a bit about how this organization, initiative or individual is doing great things
- Submit your nomination by email, mail or fax before Friday, May 12, 2017
Thanks to our award sponsors:
- Enbridge Gas Distribution (ONPHA Innovation Award and Tenant Achievement Award)
- Prentice, Yates & Clark Chartered Professional Accountants (Award for Excellence)
- Yardi Canada Ltd. (Sybil Frenette Outstanding Leadership Award)
- Morneau Shepell and Green Shield Canada (Lifetime of Service Award)